Author’s note: read the introduction to the 5 Things You’ll Only Do At Hyde here.
Auditions Key Quotes/Points:
- Definition: Every student and teacher sings a solo in front of the entire school community without benefit of instrumental accompaniment.
- All new students get a taste of the auditions challenge – a warm-up, if you will – on the very first day of school with an exercise we call “Introductions.”
- No one laughs at anyone else. (After all, you don’t laugh at someone when you know your turn is coming up!)
- After the audition, students invariably depart the stage knowing something about themselves – something good! – that they didn’t know only a few moments before.
- Not only do performing arts build confidence, we find that everyone is a bit more talented than they think they are.
To read the piece on Auditions, hover over the embed below and click the square outline in the lower right corner to view full screen. Alternatively, you can download the PDF here.