The Alumni Hall of Honor, established in 2016 as part of Hyde School’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, was founded to recognize and honor those Hyde Alumni who exemplified one or more of the 5 Words that is a hallmark of their Hyde education – Courage, Integrity, Leadership, Curiosity, Concern – in their professional and personal life.
This June, we inducted six new alumni into the 2018 Hall of Honor at the Joey’s Jubilee event during the We Are Hyde Celebration weekend. The new Hall of Honor inductees are,
- James Irving ‘71 – Jim Irving spent four years at Hyde, arriving in 1967 and graduating in Hyde’s last all-boys class in 1971. Jim serves as Co-Chief Executive Officer of J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI), a diverse family owned company with operations in Canada and the United States.
- Robert Irving ‘73– Robert Irving spent three years at Hyde, entering as a sophomore in the fall of 1970. Robert serves as Co-Chief Executive Officer of J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Founded in 1882, JDI’s 15,000+ employees are engaged in a spectrum of business segments, including forestry, construction, shipbuilding, transportation, and a range of consumer products.
- James Grasty ‘73– Arriving at Hyde in 1970 as the first student from The Boy’s Club of New York, James Grasty distinguished himself in the classroom, on the athletic field (as captain and MVP of both basketball and track), as a musician (trumpet), and as a campus leader. James is Vice President & Asst. General Counsel at Merck, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Al McLain ‘80– Al McClain is also a legend here at Hyde, known especially for his exploits on the basketball court where he led the blue & gold to our first New England prep championship. For decades, Al has been recognized throughout greater Boston as a committed advocate for and dedicated mentor of youth from all walks of life. Whether as a coach and director with various Boston youth organizations or as a community relations consultant to the Boston Celtics.
- Lisa Geller ’93– Lisa Geller arrived at Hyde in 1990. Following her formal education, Lisa embarked on a promising career as an attorney. Just as this career was taking off, Lisa was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2010, causing her to take leave of her legal practice. In the midst of her journey with cancer, Lisa launched a blog titled “the whipped cream conundrum” where she shared her experiences for the benefit of anyone in the world facing cancer.
- Shannon Curry ‘98– After beginning her Hyde education on the Bath campus, Shannon Curry joined a group of pioneering students who transferred to Woodstock in order to ensure dynamic leadership on our new campus in Connecticut. Shannon is a licensed clinical psychologist serving as Director of the Curry Psychology Group, a practice she founded out of a commitment to bring high-quality psychological services to any and all individuals, couples, and families seeking personal help.
Watch their acceptance speeches in this Facebook Live video, starting at minute 32:00,
Joey's Jubilee and Alumni Hall of Honor Induction
Posted by Hyde Schools on Saturday, June 2, 2018