Isaac Brower ’09: “Take advantage of all the opportunities Hyde has to offer. Volunteer and speak up; get out of your comfort zone.”

Isaac Brower '09

We caught up with Hyde-Bath alumnus Isaac Brower ’09 from Camden, ME. He offers advice and shares some great Hyde memories. Thank you for answering our questions Isaac!

Sports Played while at Hyde:
 Basketball, Track, Soccer, Football

Favorite Hyde Memory: 
There are so many, here’s a few….The best memory is probably making great friends and enjoying hanging out with my buddies.

There was also a funny memory when I was 9 years old on a Family Weekend in seminar with my older brothers who attended Hyde when Paul Hurd told me he’d kick me out of seminar unless I started providing feedback.

An athletic memory was when I was on the basketball team and we had advanced to the playoffs at the Augusta Civic Center. I had broken away on a fast break and went up for the slam dunk and I missed it. Kind of a humbling experience…

“Favorite” Hyde Teacher:
 ALL OF THEM.

Where are you living today? 
New York, New York

College attended:
 B.A. in Psychology from Bowdoin College

What have you been up to since leaving Hyde? Former owner of Duo’s Takeout in Rockland, ME.
 Former co-owner of CampusFoodTrucks, Inc. at Bowdoin College.
 Currently employed by a start-up company called Evergage based in Somerville, MA. (www.evergage.com)

How has Hyde impacted what you are doing today? The biggest impact Hyde had on me was developing my public speaking skills. Hyde’s unique as they continue to challenge you in public speaking situations. Public speaking was a part of everything from regular classes, performing arts, and Family Weekends. Being able to speak in uncomfortable situations has set me a part from my colleagues in the work place. This has led to my success and advancement in sales. I am extremely comfortable speaking in any situation.

Any advice for the undergraduates?
 Take advantage of all the opportunities Hyde has to offer. Volunteer and speak up; get out of your comfort zone.