Adam Hunter ’96: “I Get To Make People Laugh”

Adam Hunter '96
Adam Hunter ’96, has the best job in the world–making a living making people laugh

We caught up with comedian Adam Hunter, member of the Hyde-Bath class of 1996. He is originally from Long Island, New York but is often on tour across the country.

Describe your career path.

I attended SUNY Binghamton, Hofstra, and Hunter College. I preform stand-up comedy full time, and am often on tour across the country. I also coach middle school wrestling, which I love.

Which word or principle has stayed with you the most?

Honesty. In stand-up comedy you are extremely honest with your feelings. You have to be really honest or it’s just not as funny. The more honest you are the deeper and more connected you are with others. Being honest with myself makes me work harder and that helps me accomplish my best.

Which teacher(s) had a particular impact?

Jeff Kent was a coach and a mentor to me who pushed me as hard as he could. Bud Cox believed that I was an “Artist” when I didn’t believe in it myself.

What advice might you give to a Hyde student?

I really thought about what was going to make me happy for the rest of my life; it’s not the money, the house, that kind of stuff. It is the character value. I learned that at Hyde. I learned toughness at Hyde. I learned to think forward to the best years of my life. I decided that there was no safety net, but instead went for broke and I have the best job in the world; I get to make people laugh.

_______________________________________________

Are you an alum who would like to be featured on hyde.edu?

Email us at alumni@hyde.edu to share your story.