Return of the Recent Woodstock Grads 2015

Woodstock graduates at 85 Main in Woodstock
Alumni gather at 85 Main in Woodstock

In early January we welcomed back more than twenty former students from the Class of 2014 and earlier for our annual Return of the Recent Grads Day. Events kicked off on Friday with an all-school basketball game which allowed graduates and students to reconnect and catch up while cheering on the girls’ team. On Saturday morning we held our traditional school meeting and asked our alumni panel to share their thoughts and wisdom to a range of questions, including:

• What are the lessons from Hyde you keep with you or that stand out?
  • How did Hyde prepare you for your next step?
  • What Hyde Word or Principle do you most connect to after leaving Hyde?
  • What advice, suggestions, or thoughts do you have for the current student body?

Responses to these questions and comments made by alumni to current students included:

• “I found that because of my time in the Hyde community I was more prepared than many of my peers in college to take care of myself, connect with people, and plan a good future.”
  • “People care for you here like they won’t when you leave.”
  • “I learned to speak with confidence in front of large groups through my time at Hyde. I now use that skill all the time.”
  • “Stay engaged in your community here at Hyde even when you leave.  There are a lot of wonderful options out there for continued learning.”
  • “Cherish the relationships you have with peers and faculty while here.”

Following this powerful school meeting, alumni and faculty gathered in our Fireplace Room to look through yearbooks, watch old videos of Performing Arts shows, and catch up on what the passage of time has revealed. This walk down memory lane rekindled old connections and strengthened the foundation of relationships earned during tender moments and challenging times.  Faculty and alumni closed the night off with a wonderful meal at 85 Main.  We hope these alumni and others will join us in May when we celebrate the Class of 2015.

Photo Gallery