MAISAD Track Championships – (5-10-14)
The boys and girls track teams hosted the state prep school track championship (MAISADs) yesterday. The meet started with a steady rain and ended with steamy/humid heat.
It was a proud day for Hyde track & field. Our boys’ team are MAISAD Champions as they bested last year’s champions, Hebron Academy, by 15 points. Our small girls’ team had a solid day but had to settle for 4th place overall. Meet and individual results are attached.
On the girl’s side, Hyde was led by senior Hope Stinson `14 who place second in the high jump with a PR of 4-06. Hope also placed second in the shot put with another PR of 26-02.5. In addition, Hope place third in the discus (85-05). Fellow senior Julia Jackson `14 achieved two season PR’s by placing second in the 200m dash (29.05) and second in the 300 hurdles (53.12).
The boys, as a team, had a very solid day of performances with 58% of the competitors achieving personal records for the season. We won the meet where it really counts, by dominating the third and fourth places finishes on the day. Hyde achieved 8 third place finished to Hebron’s 5, and Hyde got 6 fourth place finished to Hebron’s 3.
We did have six victories on the day…
- Evander Leonardson `14 won the long jump (18-04). He also placed second in the triple jump with a personal record for the season (38-11.1).
- Andrew Davis `15 won the 400m by a hundredth of a second with a time of (52.65).
- Akim Sanni `16 won the high jump (5-10) and place second in the shot put with a season best throw of 42-05.
- Jake Deutschlander `15 won the 300m hurdles by 0.15 seconds with a season best time of 44.52. Jake also placed third in the 110m high hurdles and fifth in the pole vault.
- Talin Rowe `14 won the pole vault (9-00) and placed second in the 110n high hurdles.
- Our men’s 4 x 400m relay won the event on a DQ from another team.
Significant improvements on the day included…
- Andrew Martz `14 in the 400m, running by 6 seconds his personal best with a time of 58.37 (and a 4th place finish!).
- Omar Harris `14 in the high jump… a two inch improvement to 5-08.
- Matt Lupovich `14 in the 1500m with an 8 second improvement (5:09.84).
- Austin Makris `15 in the shot put with a 5 inch improvement and fourth place finish.
Our final men’s and women’s meet of the season is on Saturday, May 17th as we host the New England Division III Track & Field Championships. The meet starts at 10:30AM.