And, in the spirit of giving, we extend these “world-class parenting” gifts to you with the hope they will support you in building strong bonds with those you love, and keep us all connected to the holiday spirit.
- Parenting expert Laura Gauld prescribes a dose of inspiration to support parents’ vision for building strong family relationships. WATCH VIDEO
- Parents can help their families connect to the more meaningful and memorable opportunities of the holiday season by remembering a few points:
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. As parents, the more we try to control the order of events, the less hold we actually have.
- Take some time to build family traditions. Remember, you don’t have to do everything, and involving your children in making the holiday happen shapes lifelong memories.
- Allow obstacles to become opportunities. If you ruin your turkey, the meal can be changed.
- When the holiday is over, continue to gather for regular meals. Never underestimate the power of a shared meal.
Happy Holidays from Hyde Schools and the Family Education Staff!