Investment in Your Family's Future
Your child’s education is one of the most important decisions you will make as a family. We understand the significant financial commitment and sacrifices many families make to enroll at Hyde. When we asked alumni families if it was worth it, 98% gave a resounding YES!
Financial Aid Facts, Policies and Procedures
*** New Families entering Hyde in Summer/Fall 2020-2021 must submit the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) during the application process.***
*** Re-Enrolling families must submit the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) by January 15, 2021.***
- Financial aid is awarded based on family need.
- Approximately 35% of all families received some form of financial aid.
- All families applying for financial aid are required to:
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) from the School and Student Service for Financial Aid. Families applying for financial aid can access the PFS at http://sssbynais.org/parents. Hyde’s School Code is 4603, and there is a $51 fee required as part of the PFS.
- Provide copies of the last two years of federal tax returns and IRS Form 4506-T as part of the PFS.
- For independent loan programs, Hyde refers families to Sallie Mae and Your Tuition Solution. We also recommend speaking with your local institutions such as local banks and credit unions.
- Families may be able to withdraw up to $10,000 per year from 529 Education Savings Plans.
Affording Hyde private boarding schools may be more manageable than you think. Contact the Office of Admission today for more information and to take your first step in one of the most important decisions your family will make.
Intimate, personal interviews with recent Hyde School alumni, parents, faculty, and staff. Each reveals a distinctive aspect of Hyde’s unique education. Watch them all to learn about this remarkable school.
INDEPENDENT LOAN PROGRAMS
- Sallie Mae www.salliemae.com
- Your Tuition Solution www.yourtuitionsolution.com
- Local banks and credit unions
529 Education Savings Plans
In accordance with the new tax laws that took effect in 2018, families may be able to withdraw up to $10,000 per year from 529 Education Savings Plans to help defray the cost of independent school tuition. Please speak with an accountant or financial planner about this.
Expenses for 2020-21 Academic Year
The following lists the upcoming year’s expenses, some of which are estimated, to help you project your expenses in planning for next year.
Required International Student Fees (USD)
- $3,000 – International Fees
- $2,250 – Health Insurance
Four round-trip fares each year
Hyde School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, or physical or mental handicap.