Building on Hyde’s unwavering commitment to helping students realize their unique potential in all areas, Hyde’s Academic Support Program emphasizes student ownership of the learning process. The program combines the most current knowledge of strategies for students with specific learning challenges with Hyde’s focus on developing independent learners and thinkers. This combined approach helps students to build both academic confidence and competence, important strengths for college and beyond.
Personalized Academic Support for Students
The Hyde School Academic Support Program serves students who have particular learning needs* and who require additional support in order to work toward success in Hyde’s rigorous college-preparatory curriculum.
The program provides supplementary instruction in the areas of;
- organization and study skills
- language arts skills
- homework completion
- test preparation
- additional support in other content areas
Hyde’s individualized levels of support offer multiple pathways for students to develop the academic confidence and ownership necessary for success in college and beyond. The Director of Academic Support works with the Director of Studies, classroom teachers, parents, and the student to design the appropriate level of support for each student.
Cost: Please inquire to our Director of Academic Studies who is happy to discuss fees for all Academic Support Programs.
*The program can aid students with a variety of learning needs including: ADHD, Executive Function Disorder, and mild specific learning disabilities.
Levels of Support
- Learning Enhancement Services: Learning Enhancement services provide skill development in the areas of executive function, study strategies, and organization. Students receiving learning enhancement services meet in a structured, one-on-one or small group setting within the daily academic rotation. Led by Hyde faculty. These sessions typically replace a sixth class or study hall, and work in alignment with students’ other classes.
- Evening Study Hall: Supported Study meets 5 nights a week during scheduled evening study hours and is recommended for students needing a structured setting to make good use of their study time. Faculty and leadership students facilitate an academic study environment.
- One-on-One Support: Options for more targeted one-on-one tutoring (e.g., for specific assignments) are available upon request.