Inspiring the Next Generation
Hyde School is dedicated to the development of character and leadership in students and families. Hyde is not just a great place to be a student; it’s also a great place to work. When you become a Hyde employee, you gain the opportunity to work in an environment that supports your efforts to pursue your individual best and discover your potential. We wish you the best in your pursuit to become a member of the Hyde team!
Our campus in Bath, Maine provides a picturesque setting in which to work.
Food Service Worker
Hyde School has an opening on our dynamic Food Service Team. If you enjoy working in a fun, fast paced, supportive environment, we want to hear from you!
The Food Service Worker will assist in setup and serving of food. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. Full time position with benefits.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following regulatory rules and procedures.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food at food line and salad bar, and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- Interacts with students in the serving and dining areas.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds
Hyde School is an equal opportunity employer. Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Development
Position: Director of Development
Posted: February 3, 2021
Hyde School in Bath, Maine is looking to hire a leader for our Development Team. Candidates should have a minimum of five years of fundraising experience, preferably in an educational setting. Communications and Marketing skills will be a plus. We are committed to finding an individual who can get excited about our mission, and we are open to meeting with candidates who are ready to take their career to the next level.
ABOUT HYDE SCHOOL:
The Hyde School is a residential co-ed boarding high school. Founded in Bath, Maine in 1966, Hyde School embraces character, integrity, honesty and concern for other. Hyde has developed parenting materials and character programs for both schools and families and has emerged as a national leader in family-based character education. The Hyde School brand is affiliated with two public charter schools in the New York City area.
The School’s current operating budget is approximately $10 million, It is supported by an endowment of $26 million. Hyde’s alumni base is 3,000+ and growing.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Hyde School’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Head of School and the Board Development Committee in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Hyde School
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Hyde School with the community.
- Staff liaison to Board Development Committee.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume to email@example.com.
Hyde School is an equal-opportunity employer.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Position: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Posted: December 9th, 2021
This building and grounds position will provide routine, emergency and preventative repair and maintenance including but not limited to painting, electrical, plumbing, general carpentry and landscaping. The facilities team handles a variety of needs on campus and this position requires a cooperative and helpful attitude.
- Perform routine maintenance to all building and grounds
- Repair broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Apply preventative measures to sites to reduce the risk of future problems
- Fix potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Complete repairs related to carpentry, drywall and painting
- Vehicle & equipment maintenance
- Assembly and installation of equipment
- Emergency response related to inclement weather and duty rotation
- Event set ups and take downs to include staffing coverage of some events
- General cleaning and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess and maintain a Class C driver’s license
- Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to operate a variety of landscaping and snow removal equipment; and a variety of power tools
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Maintain highest industry standards related to maintenance, repair & safety
- Full benefits package to include medical, dental & vision insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution of $500
- Employer paid life insurance up to $50,000 after 90 days of employment
- Employer paid long term disability insurance after 90 days of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer paid match up to 5%
- Paid Time Off – 10 vacation days/40 hours sick leave/40 hours Maine Earned Paid Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- School lunch when in session
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyde School is an equal-opportunity employer.