Inspiring the Next Generation
Hyde School is dedicated to the development of character and leadership in students and families. Hyde is not just a great place to be a student; it’s also a great place to work. When you become a Hyde employee, you gain the opportunity to work in an environment that supports your efforts to pursue your individual best and discover your potential. We wish you the best in your pursuit to become a member of the Hyde team!
Our campus in Bath, Maine provides a picturesque setting in which to work.
Food Service Worker
Hyde School has an opening on our dynamic Food Service Team. If you enjoy working in a fun, fast paced, supportive environment, we want to hear from you!
The Food Service Worker will assist in setup and serving of food. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. Full time position with benefits.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following regulatory rules and procedures.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food at food line and salad bar, and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- Interacts with students in the serving and dining areas.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds
Hyde School is an equal opportunity employer. Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Development
Position: Director of Development
Posted: February 3, 2021
Hyde School in Bath, Maine is looking to hire a leader for our Development Team. Candidates should have a minimum of five years of fundraising experience, preferably in an educational setting. Communications and Marketing skills will be a plus. We are committed to finding an individual who can get excited about our mission, and we are open to meeting with candidates who are ready to take their career to the next level.
ABOUT HYDE SCHOOL:
The Hyde School is a residential co-ed boarding high school. Founded in Bath, Maine in 1966, Hyde School embraces character, integrity, honesty and concern for other. Hyde has developed parenting materials and character programs for both schools and families and has emerged as a national leader in family-based character education. The Hyde School brand is affiliated with two public charter schools in the New York City area.
The School’s current operating budget is approximately $10 million, It is supported by an endowment of $26 million. Hyde’s alumni base is 3,000+ and growing.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Hyde School’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Head of School and the Board Development Committee in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Hyde School
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Hyde School with the community.
- Staff liaison to Board Development Committee.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume to email@example.com.
Hyde School is an equal-opportunity employer.
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Position: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Posted: April 23, 2021
Founded in 1966, Hyde School is a residential co-ed boarding high school in Bath, Maine, which embraces character, integrity, honesty and concern for others. Hyde has developed parenting materials and character programs for schools and families, and has emerged as a national leader in family-based character education. The Hyde School brand is affiliated with two public charter schools in the New York City area.
Maintain the strategic and creative direction of the school’s website: publishing content, ensuring continuity of brand, and increasing online presence to potential families. Develop and implement a strategic marketing and branding plan designed to promote enrollment, and oversee social media outreach. Full time, year-round position with occasional evening and weekend hours during special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the development of content and execution of materials that engage internal and external constituents in the promotion and competitive positioning of the school. Yearbook creation with student leaders. Manage an integrated online presence on all social media platforms. Cultivate relationships with media outlets. Maintain Hyde’s branding standards across all departments.
Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in communication, marketing and/or educational setting preferred. Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Keen attention to detail, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Blackbaud, Raisers Edge, Constant Contact
- Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint
- Video editing and production experience a plus
SALARY/BENEFITS: Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
APPLICATION: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyde School is an equal-opportunity employer.