Evan J. Davis ´17 – “Find a passion or interest and run with it.”

EvanDavis

Last week on campus we were lucky to have alumnus Evan J. Davis ´17 visit us! Evan is currently in Ithaca, NY at Cornell University pursuing his major in Industrial & Labor Relations along with a double minor in Business and Education – wow! Evan talked to us about his ideal career path and how Hyde has affected him after graduation, click the link below to see what he has to say. Thank you for stopping by Evan, best of luck!

Describe your career path:
“I am currently majoring in Industrial and Labor Relations and double minoring in Business and Education at Cornell University, looking at a possible future in educational administration.”

Which word or principle has stayed with you the most?
“Truth. Most of my life I have cared about finding how the world works. Since my graduation from Hyde I have continued that search for truth, attempting to balance many of the internal and external aspects of my life to further better myself.”

Which teacher had a particular impact on you?
“David Brooks. In my later years at Hyde there are few memorable moments that he has not been a part of. From being in a disco together, forging the robotics team into what it is today, and being someone that I still consider a friend.”

What advice might you give to a Hyde student?
“To find a passion or interest and run with it. It’s never too soon to start.”

EvanDavis2