Caroline Pineau ’04: “Do What Is Authentic For You”

Name: Caroline (Giles) Pineau

Class Year: 2004

Campus graduated from: Bath

Hometown: Kennebunk, ME

Sports Played while at Hyde: Soccer (Captain Sr. Year), Basketball, Wrestling, Track (Captain Jr. & Sr. Year)

Favorite Hyde Memory: Chocolate chip pancakes and painting in the art loft.

“Favorite” Hyde Teacher: I don’t have a favorite faculty member but I do have fond memories of John Romac and Bill Barron.

Where are you living today? Haverhill, MA

Any degrees obtained and the name(s) of the colleges or universities attended:

• College of Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina with a degree in Communication: Media Studies and Studio Art.
  • 200 hour yoga certified teacher.
  • Completed 20 hour prenatal yoga teacher training.
  • Currently working on her 500-RYT advanced yoga certification.

What have you been up to since leaving Hyde? We are excited to hear your story.

After graduating from Hyde and attending the College of Charleston, I was employed by the Denver Marathon, where I had previously interned in marketing and sales. I worked for two years as a marketing manager at XOS Digital, a sports technology company based north of Boston, where I met my now husband, Adam.

In May of 2010 I completed my 200 hour teacher training with Frog Lotus Yoga in Bali, Indonesia. When I returned I opened my own studio in Haverhill, MA called The Yoga Tree. http://www.theyogatreestudio.com.

How has Hyde impacted what you are doing today?

Hyde taught me to listen to my “gut” feeling, to have courage and to take risks.  Hyde taught me to face my fears and pursue my passions.

Any advice for the undergraduates?

Be authentic.  Do what is authentic for you. Find what you are good at and do that. That will be fulfilling.