Rob Schuller ’78, Marketing Voice of the Patriots

Rob Schuller '78 at a Patriots game
Rob Schuller ’78 at a Patriots game

We guarantee you have heard the voice of alumnus Rob Schuller ’78. As a voice over pro with over 25 years of experience, you most likely have heard him on television, on the radio, or in a stadium. If you have ever heard any of the New England Patriots marketing messages, that’s him!

Back in 1996 one of his colleagues at WEEI in Boston, where Rob was working as the Production Director and commercial announcer, left WEEI to become the marketing director for the Patriots and brought Rob along with him. He has been working there ever since.

Head on over to Rob’s website, www.robschuller.com, and you can listen to his commercial demo and watch some of his television commercials. But first – read on to find out the whole story of what he has been up to since leaving Hyde!

Class Year: 1978

Campus graduated from: Bath

Hometown:
Buffalo, NY

Sports Played while at Hyde:
Soccer, Football, Wrestling, Lacrosse

Favorite Hyde Memory:
Getting to perform for and meet Martin Luther King Sr. during America’s Spirit tour

America's Spirit program
Rob on the America’s Spirit program

Favorite Hyde Teacher:
I have many! Bob Therell, Bud Warren, Malcolm Gauld, and Sumner Hawley

Current Hometown:  
Lynn, MA (outside of Boston)

College:
 Went to SUNY Cortland for Musical Theatre and graduated with a BA in Television Production from Pepperdine Univ in Malibu, CA

What have you been up to since leaving Hyde?

I spent most of my working years in radio and television as an announcer and producer, almost all in Boston.

After about 20 years doing this, I left radio and went to work as Director of Development and Alumni Relations at Hyde-Woodstock 2002-2005. It was an amazing experience and I loved being part of the Hyde community again. The only reason I left was because I was spending so much time shuttling between Connecticut and Boston picking up and dropping off my 12 year old daughter.

I took a job back in radio. I worked for another 8 years in radio/TV until I was offered an opportunity to go back into educational development.

I worked as Director of Institutional Advancement at Cohen Hillel Academy in Marblehead, MA up until September of this year. Then I took a position as the New England National Account Manager for the Keller Center for Corporate Learning at DeVry University. I develop partnerships with corporations of 4000+ employees offering educational and training opportunities as an employee benefit. I am also still a very active parent volunteer at Cohen Hillel.

I still do a lot of announcing on a freelance basis. I’m starting my 18th season as the marketing voice of the New England Patriots and the NE Revolution MLS franchise.

How has Hyde impacted what you are doing today?

I do what I do because of my Hyde experiences. I am an announcer because a Hyde faculty member told me I had a good radio voice during my senior year at Hyde.  It was that advice that got me involved with my college radio station.

My Development career stems from my experience in Woodstock, where Ken Grant and Duncan McCrann gave me an opportunity to learn the profession the right way!

Any advice for the undergraduates?  

Hyde gives us an incredible sense of confidence backed by commendable character. Use these attributes to really shoot for the stars and go for your dreams. Your road will take many twists and turns, but if you have an idea of where you want to go, eventually you will get there!

Rob Schuller '78 and family
Rob Schuller ’78 with his family