Congratulations to the Classes of 2012

Congratulations to the Classes of 2012

Hyde School, the national leader in family-based character education, recently celebrated its boarding school graduation ceremonies. Ninety-three students graduated on Hyde’s campuses in Bath, Maine, and Woodstock, Connecticut. All graduating students wrote and delivered an original speech to parents, family, and friends.

Speaking at commencement is one of the key features of Hyde’s character-development curriculum, and is the culmination of a student’s years of work at the school. Hyde graduates are given the opportunity to give a speech declaring their growth and vision for the future.

“The traditional view of graduation as both an ending and a new beginning are true at Hyde.  Most importantly, it is a declaration of conscience expressed by each senior in a two-minute speech, which serves as a benchmark for his or her life,” says Woodstock Head of School Laura Gauld. “Graduation is truly a time to enjoy the fruits of our labor as the seniors transform from students participating in a rigorous education to strong, graceful leaders. Watching returning alums share their journey and seeing generations of families basking in the gratitude is truly overwhelming.”

Hyde-Bath graduate Laughlynn Bragg spoke about learning the batik process for dyeing fabric in art class, and how her curiosity for the projects taught her confidence. “New beginnings only bring me further exploration, knowledge, success, failure, struggle, triumph, love, pain and creation.  I look at my future with a smile… I leave Hyde with a purpose and the tools to help me discover my potential.”