In June 2018 Hyde School will induct a second class of alumni into The Alumni Hall of Honor as part of the next major event at Hyde, the We Are Hyde celebration weekend, June 1-3, 2018.
Hyde School established The Alumni Hall of Honor in 2016 to recognize Hyde alumni who exemplify one of The Five Words integral to their Hyde education:
- Curiosity I am responsible for my learning.
- Courage I learn the most about myself through challenge and taking risks.
- Concern I need a challenging and supportive community to develop my character.
- Leadership I am a leader by asking the best of myself and others.
- Integrity I am gifted with a unique potential. Conscience is my guide to uncovering it.
The six inductees to the inaugural Alumni Hall of Honor Class in 2016 are:
Paul Hurd ’67 (In Memoriam) – Teacher
Nelson Arnstein ’71 – Physician, Astronomer, Marathoner, Photographer
Joanne (Wingood) Goubourn ’75 – Educator
Stuart Jones ’78 – United States Ambassador to Iraq
Beth (Barclay) Livingston ’83 – Artist, Athlete, Teacher
Jessica (Jackson) Sloan ’01 – Human Rights Attorney
Please help us identify alumni for consideration in the second class of The Alumni Hall of Honor:
- Nominations can be submitted in writing in essay format (250-500 words). You can mail your nomination to Hyde School, Attn: Alumni HOH, 616 High Street, Bath, ME 04530, or simply email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also fill out the online 2018 Hyde School Hall of Honor Nomination Form HERE.
Nominations must be received by March 15, 2018 for consideration.
In addition, please join us for Hyde School’s We are Hyde celebration, June 1-3, 2018. There is much to celebrate – new inductees, Hyde reunions, the artistic performances of Hyde alumni, family-fun events, and Joe Gauld’s 90th birthday! It is guaranteed to be a fun time!
Hall of Honor
Craig Mael, Class of 1971, Chair, Alumni Hall of Honor
Erin Brown, Executive Director of Development
Pat Burns, Class of 1999
Trummsburg, New York
Margo Calvetti Frost, Class of 1976
Caroline W. Gauld, Class of 2010
New York, New York
Meredith W. Hurd, Class of 2004
New York, New York
Gail Kelly, Class of 1979
Peter Morrison, Associate Director of Development
Melissa S. Polly, Class of 1994
Rob Schuller, Class of 1978
Andrew Q. Sylvester, Class of 2003
San Francisco, California
Peter R. Wright, Class of 1985
Aine Zaniewski, Class of 2013