July 30 – August 24, 2018
Experience “The American Classroom” in this four-week academically rigorous program of university preparation. Students combine tested language learning techniques in the classroom with American cultural experiences to prepare for the TOEFL exam. SAT prep is provided by a veteran test prep expert with over 20 years of experience.
In this program, students will spend most mornings in a traditional classroom setting improving their English skills and preparing for the SAT and the TOEFL exam. Afternoons, evenings and weekends are filled with “passive” language learning, using a combination of fun activities as well as cultural, historical, and academic experiences.
Academic Bridge students will also enjoy many different kinds of outings, including camping, visiting premier American universities, outdoor Maine fun (kayaking, whale watching, artist colony visit etc.) and many more. All of these activities are designed to improve the students English skills and prepare them for the American education system, while they are having fun.
- Demonstrate improved English proficiency using the Reading Plus assessment software to determine a student’s reading level at the beginning and end of the program.
- Show improvement in participant SAT scores by testing at the beginning and end of the program.
- 45 hours of classroom English Instruction for Academics and TOEFL
- 15 hours of classroom SAT preparation
- Morning English classes leveled by ability
- Use Reading plus active reading software to quickly improve reading levels
- Afternoon “passive” English instruction using sports, games and cultural experiences
- Extended excursions and trips to introduce American history, academics and culture
- Current Hyde domestic and international student interns act as “language partners”
- Continuous programming – filling the student’s entire day
Please contact the Admissions Office at (207) 443-7101, or apply online.