We have a unique and successful approach to academics, offering traditional subjects enhanced by student evaluations that take into consideration not only test scores, homework quality, and project grades, but also attitude toward learning, concern for others’ progress in learning, and the effort invested in fulfilling course requirements.
So, at Hyde, achievement alone is not the measurement of student success. We’re interested in the whole student—character, attitude, effort and, yes, performance in academics and other areas of learning.
What makes our academics so unique…and special, …you ask? Here are some examples:
- A wide range of courses, including AP and Honors;
- A 6:1 student/teacher ratio;
- SAT tutoring offered at all campuses;
- A grading system that recognizes both effort and achievement;
- Personalized academic attention;
- Extra help and guidance from our hard-working faculty;
- A monthly honors/warnings incentive program that links some campus privileges to academic effort and learning attitude.
We have more than 40 years of experience preparing students for college and life beyond, and we know that developing positive habits and learning attitudes leads to greater academic and lifelong success.