Inspiring the Next Generation
Hyde Schools is a network of college preparatory schools dedicated to the development of character and leadership in students and families. Hyde is not just a great place to be a student; it’s also a great place to work. When you become a Hyde employee, you gain the opportunity to work in an environment that supports your efforts to pursue your individual best and discover your potential. We wish you the best in your pursuit to become a member of the Hyde team!
Our campus in Bath, Maine provides a picturesque setting in which to work.
Hyde School, Bath, ME
Hyde School seeks a Learning Specialist to support a range of learners, particularly those with mild to moderate learning differences. The Learning Specialist will oversee the students who are receiving tutorial support, as well as work with a wider school community. As a full-time faculty position, the Learning Specialist will report to the Director of Academic Support.
The Learning Specialist will:
- Oversee and provide remedial tutorials to support students in reading, writing, math, fluency, and executive function skills
- Teach Executive Function class
- Provide professional development and education for tutors and faculty
- Build trust, work collaboratively, and communicate proactively with parents and colleagues
- Review all testing for prospective and current students; make recommendations
- Coordinate testing accommodations for class assessments as well as College Board and ACT’s
- Assist in the creation, ongoing review, and execution of each student’s Learning Fundamentals Plan
- Assist Admission Committee and Academic Dean in supporting qualified students
- Engage in all aspects of boarding school life and commit to being a fully integrated member of the Hyde School community
The successful candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree in Education, preferably Special Education, or extensive experience in the field of learning differences
- A passion for working closely with students with learning challenges
- An engaging teaching style
- A depth of familiarity with assistive technology
To apply: please send a resume and three references to Ken Grant, Academic Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Annual Giving
Hyde School seeks energetic, results-oriented, and experienced development professional candidates for the position of Director of Annual Giving. Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual fund gifts, effectively utilizing all available communication channels, and leveraging momentum among staff, volunteers, donors, and friends of the School to achieve ambitious fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years fund-raising experience, be familiar with independent schools, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. This is a full-time, year-round position with benefits package.
- Direct and implement a comprehensive, year-long annual giving strategy, including direct mail, phone, personal visitation, e-appeals, year-end slide show, and volunteer engagement.
- Raise the gifts necessary to attain the established annual fundraising goals.
- Prepare reports and analyses to monitor annual giving to better update and assist the development committee.
- Work with the current parent, Alumni Parent, and Alumni Associations with on-campus and regional events in an effort to increase Annual Fund participation and donor engagement.
- Build major donors to the Annual Fund and increase parent, alumni, and alumni parent participation.
- Develop a pipeline of major gift prospects and donors through the identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation of annual gifts.
- Responsible for the update and maintenance of the Hyde Annual Fund website page.
- Responsible for a portfolio of prospects which includes current parents and recent alumni parents.
- Responsible for the publication of an accurate and comprehensive Annual Report.
- Responsible for coordinating and working with the Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations to increase alumni giving.
- Recruit and coordinate HAPA (Hyde Alumni Parent Association) Board members in an effort to cultivate, steward and increase alumni parent support.
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of fundraising experience, preferably within an independent school setting.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to mission, programs, and future aspirations of the school.
- Proficiency in working with a variety of software programs.
- Strong organizational, project, and time-management skills – must have the ability and desire to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work nights and weekends, as required.
Start date for this position is August 1, 2017. Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Erinn Rossignol ― email@example.com no later than July 1, 2017.
Hyde School is looking for an evening custodian. The position of custodian requires an individual to be punctual and dependable, of good moral character, well groomed, courteous, confidential, and demonstrate efficient work habits. The person must be able to follow verbal and written directions, relate well to children and adults, and demonstrate a positive attitude toward work.
This job consists of routine work to maintain the cleanliness of an assigned facility or facilities and grounds. Under the supervision of the Facilities Director and Assistant Facilities Director, performs cleaning and maintenance functions on the day or evening shift. Work is evaluated through observation while work is in progress and by inspection of completed assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cleans buildings by sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, sealing, buffing, washing rooms, vacuuming, washing surfaces, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs on equipment or buildings such as replacing light bulbs, changing ceiling tiles etc.
- Moves and stores furniture and equipment as needed
- Remove snow and ice from entry ways and walkways during winter weather
- Treat walk ways with sand and ice melt to ensure safe travels during winter conditions
- Wash laundry and linens
- Special event set ups and break downs
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- General building maintenance: clean bathrooms, dust, wash windows, scrub walls, clean furniture, fill dispensers, move furniture, wash chalkboards and clean trays, replace light bulbs, remove gum, clean drinking fountains, clean trash cans, make minor repairs, check and clean equipment, open and secure building
- Floor maintenance: pick up trash from floors, remove gum, vacuum, sweep, dry and wet mop, scrub, wax and buff
- Outdoor maintenance: pick up lawn debris, shovel snow, clean sidewalks
- Operate cleaning equipment: vacuum cleaner, scrubber, buffer, wet and dry mops, brooms
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires extensive walking, pushing, carrying, climbing, bending and lifting
- Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment
To Apply: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hyde School is currently hiring for a part time LPN/CRMA to work 3-4 evenings a week.
- Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by Director of the Health Center
- Administering medication to students
- Facilitate communication to the RN on call
- Assist students in the health center with questions or concerns
- Act as a liaison between the school and hospital in an emergency situation
- Perform related work as required
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of the students
- Follow protocol when handling controlled substances
- Maintain a professional relationship with the students
- Possession of a current license for LPN/CRMA
To apply: please send a resume to email@example.com.
Security Officer - Part Time
The primary responsibility of this position is to monitor Hyde’s buildings and grounds to insure school policies and procedures are being followed in a safe and appropriate manner. The security officer provides a wide variety of services to the Hyde community. A basic responsibility is to ensure the security of buildings after normal hours by locking exterior doors and windows of each structure. Interiors of buildings are inspected for fire and other safety hazards, as well as unauthorized persons. Check temperature and thermostats in unoccupied buildings. Fill in for custodial duties as needed.
Responsibilities include: (but are not limited to)
- Patrols assigned area on foot and in assigned motor vehicle to secure personal, buildings, and equipment.
- Perform routine patrols of and through on-campus buildings.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Respond to emergency calls for assistance including medical matters, fire alarms and other alarms including those relating to physical plant such as heat/steam system, etc.
- Assist with custodial duties as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in performing building security and lock procedures.
- Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Ability to operate a computer for reporting and communication.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a pleasant disposition
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have the ability to pass a background check
- Must have a neat and professional appearance
To apply: please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyde School is an equal-opportunity employer.