Inspiring the Next Generation
Hyde Schools is a network of college preparatory schools dedicated to the development of character and leadership in students and families. Hyde is not just a great place to be a student; it’s also a great place to work. When you become a Hyde employee, you gain the opportunity to work in an environment that supports your efforts to pursue your individual best and discover your potential. We wish you the best in your pursuit to become a member of the Hyde team!
Our campus in Bath, Maine provides a picturesque setting in which to work.
Teaching Openings for the 2017/2018 School Year
Math Teaching Opening:
Hyde School is searching for a math teacher to begin with the 2017/18 school year in July. This position is for mid-range math instruction such as Geometry and Algebra 2. Teaching responsibilities include creating a syllabus for your class, assigning homework, leading class, organizing lessons and grading students on their progress. Support and mentoring will be provided by the math department chair. Outside of the classroom, responsibilities include tutoring students who are behind on their lessons, athletic coaching, and residential duty. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required. Interested candidates should contact Richard Truluck, Associate Head of School (email@example.com) or Ken Grant, Academic Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org).
English Teaching Opening:
Hyde School is searching for an English teacher to begin with the 2017/18 school year in July. This position requires background in reading and interpreting English literature as well as instructing students in the proper verbal and written expression and use of the English language. Teaching responsibilities include creating a syllabus for your class, assigning homework, leading class, organizing lessons and grading students on their progress. Support and mentoring will be provided by the English department chair. Outside of the classroom, responsibilities include tutoring students who are behind on their lessons, athletic coaching, and residential duty. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required. Interested candidates should contact Richard Truluck, Associate Head of School (email@example.com) or Ken Grant, Academic Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hyde School, Bath, ME
Hyde School seeks a Learning Specialist to support a range of learners, particularly those with mild to moderate learning differences. The Learning Specialist will oversee the students who are receiving tutorial support, as well as work with a wider school community. As a full-time faculty position, the Learning Specialist will report to the Director of Academic Support.
The Learning Specialist will:
- Oversee and provide remedial tutorials to support students in reading, writing, math, fluency, and executive function skills
- Teach Executive Function class
- Provide professional development and education for tutors and faculty
- Build trust, work collaboratively, and communicate proactively with parents and colleagues
- Review all testing for prospective and current students; make recommendations
- Coordinate testing accommodations for class assessments as well as College Board and ACT’s
- Assist in the creation, ongoing review, and execution of each student’s Learning Fundamentals Plan
- Assist Admission Committee and Academic Dean in supporting qualified students
- Engage in all aspects of boarding school life and commit to being a fully integrated member of the Hyde School community
The successful candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree in Education, preferably Special Education, or extensive experience in the field of learning differences
- A passion for working closely with students with learning challenges
- An engaging teaching style
- A depth of familiarity with assistive technology
To apply: please send a resume and three references to Ken Grant, Academic Dean, email@example.com
Assistant Director of Admissions
Hyde School is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions to assist the Director of Admissions in all areas related to admissions, marketing, and student recruitment and retention. Significant domestic and international travel is required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a primary point of contact for inquiring students and their families through the entire admissions process from inquiry to enrollment.
- Interviews student applicants and families.
- Actively communicates with referral sources (e.g., educational consultants, alumni, agents)
- Represents Hyde School both on and off campus.
- Supports the Director of Admissions in all aspects of daily work including oversight of the Admissions Office and its functions when the Director is not present.
- Assists with strategic plan for use of financial aid and budgetary planning
- Coordinates and oversees campus tours, creating and sustaining a cadre of qualified student tour guides.
- Travels frequently and efficiently to recruit qualified applicants and maintain contact with referral sources.
- Participates in our full boarding community experience including living on campus, duty, and weekend and evening duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, information technology, education, or other related field.
- 1-3 years admission experience in independent boarding school or school of higher education, or related non-profit sales and marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including comfort with public speaking.
- Adept at using database technology as a tool for data collection, storage, and generation. Knowledge of Senior Systems a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A proven team player with cooperative mindset and willingness to adopt Hyde’s “Happy to Do It” (HTDI) philosophy.
- A sense of humor.
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus.
To apply: please send a resume and three references to Kristin Harman, Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Annual Giving
Hyde School seeks energetic, results-oriented, and experienced development professional candidates for the position of Director of Annual Giving. Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual fund gifts, effectively utilizing all available communication channels, and leveraging momentum among staff, volunteers, donors, and friends of the School to achieve ambitious fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years fund-raising experience, be familiar with independent schools, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. This is a full-time, year-round position with benefits package.
- Direct and implement a comprehensive, year-long annual giving strategy, including direct mail, phone, personal visitation, e-appeals, year-end slide show, and volunteer engagement.
- Raise the gifts necessary to attain the established annual fundraising goals.
- Prepare reports and analyses to monitor annual giving to better update and assist the development committee.
- Work with the current parent, Alumni Parent, and Alumni Associations with on-campus and regional events in an effort to increase Annual Fund participation and donor engagement.
- Build major donors to the Annual Fund and increase parent, alumni, and alumni parent participation.
- Develop a pipeline of major gift prospects and donors through the identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation of annual gifts.
- Responsible for the update and maintenance of the Hyde Annual Fund website page.
- Responsible for a portfolio of prospects which includes current parents and recent alumni parents.
- Responsible for the publication of an accurate and comprehensive Annual Report.
- Responsible for coordinating and working with the Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations to increase alumni giving.
- Recruit and coordinate HAPA (Hyde Alumni Parent Association) Board members in an effort to cultivate, steward and increase alumni parent support.
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of fundraising experience, preferably within an independent school setting.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to mission, programs, and future aspirations of the school.
- Proficiency in working with a variety of software programs.
- Strong organizational, project, and time-management skills – must have the ability and desire to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work nights and weekends, as required.
Start date for this position is August 1, 2017. Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Erinn Rossignol ― email@example.com no later than July 1, 2017.
Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Students
Hyde school is seeking an administrative assistant to support our Dean of Students office. This position entails assisting the Dean of Students with email, forms and student tracking; preparing and distributing daily reports; interacting with students on a daily basis regarding their activities.
A successful candidate will:
- Have experience with database programs (Senior Systems experience preferred).
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Be willing and able to multi-task
- Communicate clearly and assertively to obtain information
- Be comfortable interacting with teenagers
- Demonstrate maturity of judgment and behavior
Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience. The position may require occasional early morning start time. Previous experience working in a school environment preferred. May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply: Please send a resume to Erinn Rossignol, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position of custodian requires an individual to be punctual and dependable, of good moral character, well groomed, courteous, confidential, and demonstrate efficient work habits. The person must be able to follow verbal and written directions, relate well to children and adults, and demonstrate a positive attitude toward work.
This job consists of routine work to maintain the cleanliness of an assigned facility or facilities and grounds. Under the supervision of the Facilities Director and Assistant Facilities Director, performs cleaning and maintenance functions on the day or evening shift. Work is evaluated through observation while work is in progress and by inspection of completed assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cleans buildings by sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, sealing, buffing, washing rooms, vacuuming, washing surfaces, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs on equipment or buildings such as replacing light bulbs, changing ceiling tiles etc.
- Moves and stores furniture and equipment as needed
- Remove snow and ice from entry ways and walkways during winter weather
- Treat walk ways with sand and ice melt to ensure safe travels during winter conditions
- Wash laundry and linens
- Special event set ups and break downs
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- General building maintenance: clean bathrooms, dust, wash windows, scrub walls, clean furniture, fill dispensers, move furniture, wash chalkboards and clean trays, replace light bulbs, remove gum, clean drinking fountains, clean trash cans, make minor repairs, check and clean equipment, open and secure building
- Floor maintenance: pick up trash from floors, remove gum, vacuum, sweep, dry and wet mop, scrub, wax and buff
- Outdoor maintenance: pick up lawn debris, shovel snow, clean sidewalks
- Operate cleaning equipment: vacuum cleaner, scrubber, buffer, wet and dry mops, brooms
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires extensive walking, pushing, carrying, climbing, bending and lifting
- Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment
To Apply: Please send a resume to email@example.com
Hyde School is currently hiring for a part time LPN/CRMA to work 3-4 evenings a week.
- Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by Director of the Health Center
- Administering medication to students
- Facilitate communication to the RN on call
- Assist students in the health center with questions or concerns
- Act as a liaison between the school and hospital in an emergency situation
- Perform related work as required
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of the students
- Follow protocol when handling controlled substances
- Maintain a professional relationship with the students
- Possession of a current license for LPN/CRMA
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyde School is an equal-opportunity employer.